Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My BFF 4Ever

For as long as i can remember he has always been there for me with his warm fuzzy embrace. i grew wiser, saw the world under his guidance and tutelage. when i was sad, bored, lonely, angry... he was there to bring a smile to my face. he never cared what i looked like, that i put on some weight, or that i forgot to put pants on. Unconditional. So one can only imagine my outrage when i heard of the meddlesome government's plan to tear asunder my peaceful home by forcing me to get a digital converter for my oldest friend?!?

Mr. M and i went to Target on Saturday to pick up my nifty sansonic (the bastard child of Panasonic and Sanyo), that with the coupon cost us 5 bucks. you should see this piece of work. and if you have an old set like i do, you have. its ridiculous. Hundreds of channels? better picture? Easy hook up? My ass! it took me an hour to connect the sansonic up to my already awesome entertainment system that consists of a VCR, DVD player and my TV. i got the converter plugged in, but now i cant get the VCR or the DVD player to work! I still only have the same channel options, and as for better picture, try no picture. Now i have to go out and get a special antenna!?

its not such a big deal i suppose. its technology- the wave of the future. i am not all together clear as to why we have to go to a digital signal, it seemed to me that everything was working just fine. i guess i am like my grandparents who thought the typewriter was just fine and did not understand why computers were such hot shit. Maybe i will just break down and FINALLY get cable? huh, there's a thought. Hold fast BFF, we just might have HBO soon. AND Showtime!